20070702

true stories

I can't help it. I'm drawn by this feverish and dream-like passion, like every simile which has ever mentioned moths and flames in close proximity together, like every conceit that compares a person to an addiction. It doesn't even feel real--and maybe it isn't. Everything you'd expect from a nightmare is there: dread, compulsion, a sense of the surreal. I should walk away, but I am filled with this sense that if I do, I'll miss something important. I can't explain what I think that could be, other than more lies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fear chaines you to your nightmare.and in an effort to do what only God can,
u fall.

Anna K said...

I hope it is lies. Not that you'll know they are lies. But lies are misunderstood and simplified and vilified. Maybe it's real and maybe it's not and maybe you'll get drawn into a web where everything is wrong and learn things honesty and purity and abstinence from this could never have taught you.