20090606

the end

I was given the chance to stop the end from coming. It would be so simple. All I had to do was say the word. I could have saved us all. Just spend tonight working on it and the bombs won't fall. The thing is, I have this date tonight, and she's really cute, and it's only our second date and I didn't want to cancel.

Those of us that don't die in the war will probably die in the resulting fallout. It's the ones who don't fight that will last the longest, and a few survivalists will probably outlive us all, kings of the desolate wasteland. But the petty infighting and lawless society will kill off even the most resourceful of us, and the planet just won't sustain the resources for long.

I'm wearing my favorite t-shirt out tonight and we're going to the Friendly Toast for dinner and drinks. There's this scramble I've been meaning to try and they've actually got a pretty good beer selection. If it's still nice we'll probably walk home. It's beautiful in Cambridge at night. I just couldn't trade that in.

No comments: