20090813

rain and sun

It was raining on a late summer and she said to me, "I love the rain. It's so very spring-time." I didn't argue. We were on a bench in Boston Common and watching the rain fall. It was a gentle rain, not quite like the Boston rains I'd gotten used to over the summer, and not exactly a Seattle rain, either. It was so light as to almost not be there, but with the huge drops that characterized a real downpour.

After a few minutes the sun came out and it was still raining, and I said to her, "This is as late summer as it gets." She smiled but didn't say anything for a while. Then we talked for a while, and as the sun was starting to set we got up and started to walk home. After a few minutes, with the rain still falling, the mostly cloudy sky was all pink and grey and orange in the sunset, and it was warm but there was a cool breeze and she said to me, "No, this is."

No comments: