20080202

dreaming about forgetting myself

Sometimes I have these dreams where I'm not the main character, and it's got a narrative structure with conflict, climax, resolution, and so on. This wasn't one of those. I was in the dream, but I wasn't really there. No, this one was all about you. At first I was talking to you but as time wore on you just became more and more the object, and soon I just forgot that I was there. You went about your life and I guess I followed you--like you only could in a dream--and watched you. I don't really remember much about it, actually. You didn't do anything remarkable. In that perfect dream-like way, what I remember most is that I forgot that I was there. Don't let me do that again, okay?

1 comment:

Janie Kamenar said...

I like when people write about dreams, because sometimes, there are phrases like 'in that perfect dream-like way, what I remember most is that I forgot that I was there'. and then I can add that to my repertoire of ways to talk about dreams.