20090111

ice, reprise

I spent most of the day hiding indoors after my girlfriend of three years broke up with me this morning--there was really nothing in the outside world that inspired me to head out. All of yesterday, the weather was what the weatherman called a "wintry mix," which meant it was freezing rain last night, turning the snow into sheets of ice. This morning it was forty degrees and sunny, and as I sat on the couch staring into the middle distance, sheets of ice kept falling from the roof, making loud crashing sounds all around me.

I knew what it was and that it was not going to harm me, but it left me rattled regardless. Even the weather is collapsing all around me. I'd never had a winter like this before, and I never thought it would end like it did--everything falling all at once, leaving me cold and frightened and confused.

No comments: