20090703

dreaming again

It seems every summer there's a few weeks where I start dreaming again.

There's this girl I keep dreaming about; in the dream we were living together in some sort of weird house or hotel. It was new to both of us, both house and living together, and despite the tiny room and the tiny bed we were so happy living there, wherever it was, trying to figure it out together. I can't dream about her without wishing I saw her more often, because in my dreams we're always having fun and everything is just so perfect. I'm afraid to talk to her because nothing can ever be quite like those dreams, where I wake up feeling exhausted but content.

Then there's this dream I had where we were all in some military academy. We were walking back from Davis Square, past Powderhouse, and there was a bus sitting there, running but abandoned. My friends tried to steal it and I tried to stop them, standing in front of the bus, even pushing against it so they couldn't drive. When it became clear they weren't going to stop, I just hung on and begged for them to stop driving. Eventually they couldn't manage a turn, and the bus tipped over, and I broke my arm, and then we were all on trial for stealing the bus, and all of my friends and everyone hated me for stopping them. When I woke up I was cradling my arm like it was broken, and for hours after I had to will myself to stretch my arm so I could remind myself it wasn't broken. It was, as they say, just a dream.

No comments: