20090722

lessons learned

We were walking towards the subway and talking, and then we were walking towards the subway and talking, and just outside the turnstiles we stopped and she had to buy another pass. I almost waited and talked for a little while longer, but the train was coming and everyone else was getting on, and I was sure we'd meet up after we arrived. Then there was a moment where I knew I was supposed to stay. She looked at me hopefully, and I just assumed she was talking to everyone. When everyone left I joined them, and the last thing I saw as the crowds hurried towards the train was her look of disappointment.

She never did show up at our destination. I found out later she'd decided to go home and sleep instead. Turns out, you still have to play if you want to win.

No comments: