20090919

reflection

"It's been forever since we've had fog like this," she said. I hadn't even noticed it was foggy. The streets were still wet with the rain earlier, though it was just a fine mist now. The street lights over the parking lot had little cones of light coming from them. She sat down on the curb and put her camera down next to her.

I sat down a few feet away, my feet astride a small puddle reflecting the street light above us. She continued, "It's been forever since we lived in a place that gets fog like this." I nodded but didn't say anything.

"I never thought the thing I'd really miss about home was the weather, you know?"

"Yeah."

She fiddled with her camera some, then pointed it at me and snapped a picture. "Wish we were there," she said wistfully. I kicked the puddle in front of me and broke the reflection into a thousand tiny lines of light.

No comments: