20100213

in case of emergency, pt. 4

She poured us each a whiskey and sat down on the couch, cupping hers in both hands. "I really did want to say thanks for helping me out," she said.

"Don't worry about it."

"It--I mean I was pretty fucked up, but it meant a lot to know there's still nice people in the world."

"I'm sure your friends would have helped you out eventually."

"I could have got a cab. I was going to call one. But no, you're just a perfect stranger helping someone out. I mean, you could have been--I really owe you."

"Can I ask what was wrong? I mean, apart from--"

"Everything." She laughed and leaned up against me. "It's a fucked up world. I couldn't begin to tell you."

"Well, I'm really glad we ran into each other."

She kissed me then, and said, "Me, too. When are we doing this again?"

"As soon as possible, I think."

No comments: