20090617

happy to help

I couldn't count the number of times I've been on the verge of snapping the past week. Always when I'm trying to help, making suggestions. People working with me on the project aren't just tearing them down, they're attacking me for it. It's not even that they don't like my ideas anymore; they just don't like me. They're not even bothering to conceal their contempt. I am not appreciated and mostly they've made it clear. The manager is the only one who listens or seems to like my ideas, who appreciates the work I've put in.

So I've decided to get my revenge. At first I was planning something inelegant like sabotage--but I've had a far better idea now. I'm going to be aggressively helpful. I was holding off on submitting my opinion on topics in which I had no expertise, but they've issued a challenge. Now, every single mundane detail gets my thorough treatment, exploring every possibility, every possible tweak. They will be flooded in such an inexorable tide of my paperwork that their only choice will be to overwhelm themselves focusing on contemptuously destroying my ideas, or despair.

No comments: