20100106

the riders: prelude

I didn't actually mean to bring about the apocalypse. I mean, I wasn't trying to. I don't know if you really can. It is probably too late now, but for what it's worth, to whoever is still reading this, if there's anyone left to read, I'm sorry. I don't have a good excuse, except that it probably would have happened anyway, just a bit later. Maybe a few weeks, maybe a few months, maybe a few years. Who knows? Maybe we would have had time to prepare. Maybe we could have changed things. I guess it doesn't really matter now. You can hate me for it if you like. I probably deserve it.

The thing is, nothing seemed too unreasonable about anything that happened. The four of them, I mean. They made requests, I did what I could to help. I mean, wouldn't anyone? They were nice enough. It was never unreasonable. It was always entirely within my power. I didn't think anything would come of it. We all make mistakes, right? Do people still say that sort of thing?

I didn't mean for it to end this way. I don't feel like I was really given a choice. I didn't have all the information at the time. But this is what happened, more or less.

No comments: