20200103

back in black!

My friends, the blog fields have lain fallow for far too long. The years have been hard, it's true, the winters harsh, the summers unrelenting, but there was a time when a traveler could walk these lands any week of the year and find blog fruit ripe for the taking, fresh from the vine, and it is my intention to make that happen once again.

I just spent the first few days of the new year reading over the old posts from 2013, the last great year of this blog, and you know what? I really enjoyed that project. It was fun to visit and revisit stories, and reading over them there's a few entries I was really pleased with. The thing I had forgotten, in my intro, is that this had started as an idea I apparently had in a conversation with someone which I have since entirely forgotten (I think I might remember who it was, though) to just give each month a theme and write on it. I'm doing that. That's the plan.

It is, to be sure, a far less ambitious project than 2013, which was about points and counterpoints, and calling it a project may be a bit of a stretch, but now is as good a time as any to get back to writing something regularly on here. I've missed it.

The year got off to something of a rocky start, but today was a good day. Good enough that I found myself actually thinking of doing this, and then sat down and started putting it down where people could see it. So let's start with "beginnings" as a theme, and hopefully by the time February comes around I'll have thought of a good one.

And now, because all good content concludes with a call to action and because the idea of readers suggesting themes sounds much more charming than it otherwise would have: do you have any good monthly theme ideas? Let me know in the comments, and don't forget to like, share, and subscribe!

does that joke even work with a blog? what did bloggers say when they got insufferable? do blogs even still exist?

2 comments:

effika said...

I can't remember how the themes were supposed to go, or if Blogger supports UL elements in comments, but here are some words:


*A mug full of antidote
*Blinds
*Made in Texas
*Sharing
*Rise
*Mo(u)rning

rs said...

apparently the comments just want HTML? that's weird, it's like the blog is a relic of a bygone era and nobody is dedicating time, resources, or infrastructure to modernizing them

anyway in an ideal world I'd find a theme that fits the month's mood (theoretically this started as ghost stories for october seven million years ago) but usually i pick a one-word theme that seems interesting and just go for it

i will contemplate this list of words you have provided